KIDSfirst CHIP Perinate
Parkland Community Health Plan has developed several value-added services and extra benefits to provide our members with the best healthcare experience possible.
You can earn reward points for completing certain wellness activities listed on this site. You can spend your reward points on gift cards and fun, healthy items from the Rewards catalog.
24-Hour Nurse Line
You can talk to a nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The nurse can help you with questions or help you decide what to do about your health needs. Please call the toll-free nurse line number on your ID card.
Call your doctor first with any questions or concerns about your health care needs.
Members ages 3 to 19 can get one sports physical exam per school year. This is a different exam from the Well-Child Exam.
Extra Help for Pregnant Women
- Pregnancy classes at no charge to members at certain places for pregnant members and their partners.
- 400 points ($40 value) annually for completion of prenatal checkup within the 1st trimester or within 42 days of joining Parkland Community Health Plan
Healthy Play and Exercise
- Gym membership for 6 months to current members ages 13-20 with a diagnosis of obesity, yearly
- 250 points ($25 value) annually for members age 10+ who complete the 3-week Step-Up Challenge
Texas Health Steps / Well-Child Checkups
- 200 points ($20 value) for the completion of each timely Texas Health Steps checkups for ages 2 months; 4 months; and 6 months
- 250 points ($25 value) for the completion of each timely well child checkups for ages 9 months; 12 months; and 15 months
- 250 points ($25 value) to members ages 12 to 18 who complete a timely Texas Health Steps checkup
Be in Control Program
- Sign up for Parkland Community Health Plan’s Be In Control Program for educational materials for asthma and diabetes
- 300 points ($30 value) annually for being enrolled in the Be In Control Program for 3 months
- 500 points ($50 value) annually for being enrolled in the Be In Control Program for 6 months
- Up to $300, per year for dental checkups, x-rays and cleaning for members 21 and older
- $150 yearly allowance, towards upgrades on frames for members
- 200 points ($20 value) for first time member enrollment into the online Member Portal at www.parklandhmo.com
- 200 points ($20 value) annually for members who complete a behavioral health follow up within 7 days after hospitalization for a behavioral health diagnosis
- 250 points ($25 value) annually for members who receive annual flu shot
- 250 points ($25 value) annually to new members who complete a PCP visit within 90 days of joining the health plan
- 250 points ($25 value) annually for members receiving initial medications for ADHD and who received a follow-up visit within 30 days of joining Parkland Community Health Plan
- 250 points ($25 value) annually for completion of chlamydia screening
- 300 points ($30 value) annually for members who complete a behavioral health follow up within 7 days after hospitalization for a behavioral health diagnosis
- Up to 600 points ($60 value) annually for asthma medication refills