Together, we can improve health care quality
We take great pride in our network of physicians and related professionals who serve our members with the highest level of quality care and service. We are absolutely committed to making sure our providers receive the best possible and latest information, technology and tools available to ensure their success and their ability to provide for clients.
At Parkland Community Health Plan we focus on operational excellence, constantly striving to eliminate redundancy and streamline processes for the benefit and value of all of our partners. Learn why providers have chosen to join us as their partners in managed health care.
- Easy and simple experience
- Operational excellence
- Financial discipline
- Empowering environment
We are also committed to providing culturally competent care to our members. Our care delivery is designed to include members with limited English proficiency, diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds, disabilities, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Parkland Community Health Plan is committed to providing culturally competent care to our members. Our care delivery is designed to include members with limited English proficiency, diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds, disabilities, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Provider Relations Hotlines:
Call Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST
We value your feedback - Provider Advisory Committee (PAC)
Parkland Community Health Plan’s, Provider Advisory Committee (PAC) as defined by HHSC is designed to gather provider input into health plan operations and initiatives. If you are a contracted provider and interested in joining our quarterly Provider Advisory Committee meetings, Please contact Provider Relations by email PCHP.ProviderRelations@phhs.org.
Parkland Community Health Plan’s, Provider Advisory Committee (PAC) as defined by HHSC is designed to gather provider input into health plan operations and initiatives.
This 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week service enables all members to have ready telephonic access to clinical support from experienced Registered Nurses. The nurses will be available through a toll-free telephone number at:
HEALTHfirst 1-888-667-7890 or 214-266-8773
KIDSfirst 1-800-357-3162 or 214-266-8766
We will provide TTY service for the hearing and speech-impaired and foreign language translation for non-English speaking members.
Specialty care provider responsibilities
Care by specialists will be provided after a referral has been made by the Member’s Primary Care Provider. It is the responsibility of the specialist’s office to ensure that the member has a valid referral prior to rendering services. Parkland Community Health Plan Medicaid and CHIP network specialists must:
- Be licensed to practice in the State of Texas
- Have admitting privileges at an Parkland Community Health Plan participating hospital
- Obtain a referral from the member’s Primary Care Provider. Or, for services on the prior authorization list, approval from the Parkland Community Health Plan Medical Management Department before rendering services
- Assure that the consultation report and recommendations are sent to the Primary Care Provider and communicate with the Primary Care Provider regarding the Member’s status and course of treatment
- Inform the member and/or family of the diagnostic, treatment and follow-up recommendations in consultation with the Primary Care Provider (if appropriate)
- Provide members/families with appropriate health education in the management of the Member’s special needs