Together, we can improve health care quality
We take great pride in our network of physicians and related professionals who serve our members with the highest level of quality care and service. We are absolutely committed to making sure our providers receive the best possible and latest information, technology and tools available to ensure their success and their ability to provide for clients.
At Parkland Community Health Plan we focus on operational excellence, constantly striving to eliminate redundancy and streamline processes for the benefit and value of all of our partners. Learn why providers have chosen to join us as their partners in managed health care.
- Easy and simple experience
- Operational excellence
- Financial discipline
- Empowering environment
Provider Relations Hotlines:
Call Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST
We value your feedback - Provider Advisory Committee (PAC)
Parkland Community Health Plan’s, Provider Advisory Committee (PAC) as defined by HHSC is designed to gather provider input into health plan operations and initiatives. If you are a contracted provider and interested in joining our quarterly Provider Advisory Committee meetings, Please contact Paula Keblar by email, or call at 214-266-2116.
Parkland Community Health Plan’s, Provider Advisory Committee (PAC) as defined by HHSC is designed to gather provider input into health plan operations and initiatives. If you are a contracted provider and have an issue, please feel free to bring it to the open quarterly Provider Advisory Committee meeting at 6 pm on the below dates.
Please take the time to mark your calendar for the following quarterly meetings:
- February 19, 2020
- May 20, 2020
- August 19, 2020
- November 18, 2020
The open PAC Committee meetings are held from 6:00pm until 6:30 pm with the Provider Quality of Care Committee to follow 6:30 until 8:00pm in the Large Conference Room at the following address:
Parkland Community Health Plan
1341W. Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, TX 75207
This 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week service enables all members to have ready telephonic access to clinical support from experienced Registered Nurses. The nurses will be available through a toll-free telephone number at:
HEALTHfirst 1-888-667-7890 or 214-266-8773
KIDSfirst 1-800-357-3162 or 214-266-8766
We will provide TTY service for the hearing and speech-impaired and foreign language translation for non-English speaking members.
Specialty care provider responsibilities
Care by specialists will be provided after a referral has been made by the Member’s Primary Care Provider. It is the responsibility of the specialist’s office to ensure that the member has a valid referral prior to rendering services. Parkland Community Health Plan Medicaid and CHIP network specialists must:
- Be licensed to practice in the State of Texas
- Have admitting privileges at an Parkland Community Health Plan participating hospital
- Obtain a referral from the member’s Primary Care Provider. Or, for services on the prior authorization list, approval from the Parkland Community Health Plan Medical Management Department before rendering services
- Assure that the consultation report and recommendations are sent to the Primary Care Provider and communicate with the Primary Care Provider regarding the Member’s status and course of treatment
- Inform the member and/or family of the diagnostic, treatment and follow-up recommendations in consultation with the Primary Care Provider (if appropriate)
- Provide members/families with appropriate health education in the management of the Member’s special needs