Nothing is more important than your child's health
Children grow and change quickly. It is important your child visits a primary care provider (PCP) on a regular basis even when he or she is not sick. These visits are called well-child checkups. We offer well-child checkups for children from birth through age 20 as a covered benefit for our members.
During a well-child checkup, your child’s PCP:
- Does a complete physical exam
- Checks your child’s growth and nutrition
- Checks your child’s vision, hearing and teeth
- Gives shots as needed
- Orders lab work (for example, a blood test) as needed
- Gives you and your child information about your child’s health
Remember, well-child checkups are important to the health and well-being of your child.