Medicaid / CHIP Member Newsletters
- Summer 2020 - English
- Summer 2019 - English / Spanish
- Winter 2018 - English / Spanish
- Summer 2018 - English / Spanish
HEALTHfirst - STAR member newsletters
KIDSfirst - CHIP member newsletters
Well-child-visits: a healthy idea
Three reasons why well-child visits are a good idea:
- These checkups let your doctor see how well your baby is growing.
- They are a good way to make sure your child is up-to-date on vaccinations.
- They give you a chance to talk with your doctor about anything that's on your mind. That's hard to do if you made an appointment because your child is sick.
It has the ring of a riddle, but it's good advice. So-called well-child visits can go a long way toward helping your child stay healthy. Well-child visits are regular checkups. How often they occur usually depends on a child's age. Your doctor will want to see your baby every month or so for a while. For an older child, yearly checkups may be enough.
HEALTH TIP: Write down questions as you think of them. Take that list with you to your child's next appointment.
Source: American Academy of Pediatrics